The National Silhouettes of Kappa Alpha Psi
The purpose of the organized wives and widows of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., has been to promote the organization of local Silhouette chapters, provide activities for visiting Silhouettes during Kappa Conclaves, develop national service projects of interest to all Silhouette chapters, establish uniform policies and procedures for all local chapters and most importantly to serve as the official auxiliary to Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity.
Within the framework of the Kappa Silhouettes philosophy of self-realization through service, chapters work to implement national program goals in varied ways depending upon their local communities and the special resources of the particular chapter. Through these activities, chapters have made numerous significant contributions.
The Washington D.C. Silhouette Chapter, Eastern Province, was chartered on April 13, 1959.
The charter members were Alice H. Bryant, Barbara F. Williams, and Jaunita W. Bradlock.
- President – Katrina D. Jones (President@dcsilhouettes.org)
- First Vice President -Rachel Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Second Vice President – Erika Marshall (email@example.com)
- Recording Secretary – Karen Fletcher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Corresponding Secretary – Audrey Little (email@example.com)
- Treasurer – Sabrina Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Financial Secretary – Nichelle “Shelly” Henderson (email@example.com)
- Reporter – Kurshanna J. Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Historian – Linda Strickland (email@example.com)
- Chaplain – Cynthia Kittrell Murray
- Sergeant-at-Arms – Lisa Hazel
- Member-at-Large – Carolyn Clay
- Member-at-Large – Cheryl Teare
- Member-at-Large – Desiree Boykins
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the DC Silhouettes membership meetings are hosted virtually. For more information about meeting dates and times, please email 1stVP@dcsilhouettes.org .